IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Anyone had any experience with Calmet protection relay test equipment?
Topic Summary: Looking at acquiring some gear for protection relay or power transducer testing.
Created On: 21 February 2013 11:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 February 2013 11:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

solaral

Hi,

Does anyone have any tales (good or bad) about Calmet test gear?

I'm looking at doing some secondary and possibly primary injection testing and some testing/simulation with ION 7650 power transducers. I was initially looking at using the Programma Freja test set but at around £25k it's a bit pricey for the amount of work I would give it.

I had a look on the internet and found a company based in Poland called Calmet. They do a protection relay tester (model C300) for about half the price of a Freja. They seem like a professional outfit but I wanted to check into their product a bit further to settle my doubts.

Any feedback would be gratefully received!

Thanks for reading,

Solaral.
 21 February 2013 01:46 PM

ArthurHall

Never used Calmet
What is it you are going to be doing? You can test an awfull lot of relays with just a single phase variac based test set eg a Sverker 650
 21 February 2013 02:52 PM

solaral

Hi ArthurHall,

We have used the Sverker in the past for primary injection and the Freja for secondary injection and power transducer "loop checks".

What I like about the C300 is the high range of output current (only one unit for primary & secondary injection) with the ability to inject at different power factors and harmonics. Our application uses power transducers (Schneider ION7650) to monitor power quality and flow. Again, the C300 looks like it could be used for both protection testing and performance testing of the ION meters...

Thank-you for your reply.

Solaral.
 21 February 2013 03:05 PM

solaral

While I'm on the subject, if anyone knows of any second-hand Programma Freja testers, I would be keen to know about it... :)
 25 February 2013 10:13 PM

PaulTusonInlec

Have you considered hiring equipment to test them out first?

We have a wide range of relay test equipment in our hire fleet. You can try them out on the job at no risk. Then once you have decided what you want you are making an informed choice.

We don't have Calmet but we do have SMC, Omicron, T&R, Ponovo and a number of other alternatives.

Paul Tuson
Inlec

-------------------------
Regards
Paul Tuson
Inlec Test Equipment Hire
 26 February 2013 11:35 AM

solaral

Hi Paul,

We have hired out equipment in the past, but now have a business case to invest in our own gear. We have hired Programma test gear which is ideal but way too expensive.

If it was possible to hire the C300 to try it out, I would do but I don't know of a UK based agent for Calmet.

Thanks,

Solaral
 06 February 2014 08:59 AM

PaulTusonInlec

Sorry I missed this reply.

We don't have any Calmet gear In fact I had never even heard of it.

I can offer a trial of the Ponovo Equipment though. We have had some great responses to it and the prices are excellent in comparison.

-------------------------
Regards
Paul Tuson
Inlec Test Equipment Hire
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.