Increase font size
Topic Title: Type Test Report
Topic Summary: Guidelines Written
Created On: 23 August 2012 12:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 23 August 2012 12:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Linspire

Hi all engineers,

I would like to seek guidelines for writing a type test report for equipment. What're the necessary points or may be sample format / template to be share here ?

Regards
Linspire
 27 August 2012 11:17 AM

Linspire

Hi guys,

I would like to rephrase the topic, actually I was given few product type test report + certificates.
And I dont have experience to do summary for each type test product, because I didnt know the IEC standard.

At the moment what I do is refer necessary older project tender specifications which included the IEC standard for each product, from there I dig out the info and compare the type test done by report sender company.

Is there any quicker or easy way to do so ?
 27 August 2012 12:49 PM

alancapon

You should be using the up-to-date versions of the IEC standards. These are available to purchase at the IEC WebStore. Your company should have an up-to-date library of any IEC standards / British Standards / other Standards that you are using.

Regards,

Alan.
 30 August 2012 10:35 AM

blac31

-------------------------

Link removed/

Link removed/
 03 September 2012 02:54 PM

Linspire

Hi alancapon,

At the moment I did research on the Type Test Certificate Provider company are CESI, KEMA and STL.
KEMA website does state what documents they will be provided as proofing that a particular manufacturing dd pass a testing equipment.
Whereby CESI website did not state clearly how they actually recognized what will they provide evidence proof and I hardly find the example certificates of Type Test and Inspection.

So is there any other company doing this kind of stuff ? Guess I have check out on its own country, CHINA testing lab.
Any comments to add on for the above those statements ?

Thank you.
 07 September 2012 02:13 PM

irevans

Type tests can be done by anyone the customer considers competent to do them and to whatever specification or standard the customer requires (unless local statutory requirements say otherwise). In many cases a laboratory, similar to the ones you mentioned, is used as you can have more confidence in the test results. If tests are done by the manufacturer it is normal to require that they are independently witnessed.

A good type test report should state the test method, the pass criteria, the actual measured results and confirm whether or not the test was passed. It also needs to be dated and signed by a responsible party.

Regards,
Ian.

-------------------------
irevans
 07 September 2012 04:35 PM

Linspire

Originally posted by: irevans

Type tests can be done by anyone the customer considers competent to do them and to whatever specification or standard the customer requires (unless local statutory requirements say otherwise). In many cases a laboratory, similar to the ones you mentioned, is used as you can have more confidence in the test results. If tests are done by the manufacturer it is normal to require that they are independently witnessed.

A good type test report should state the test method, the pass criteria, the actual measured results and confirm whether or not the test was passed. It also needs to be dated and signed by a responsible party.

Regards,

Ian.

The pass criteria you mentioned, so I'm the one should be familiar the criteria not just follow blindly testing from test laboratory manufacturer itself.

The criteria such output value, or characteristic can be found from IEC Standards. Am I right ?
 17 September 2012 07:06 AM

sfchew

Is it possible to mention the object that is to be tested?

Regards
Chris Chew
 21 September 2012 11:42 AM

alancapon

Originally posted by: sfchew

I suspect that all the topics recently refer to the same project. That would make it a 132kV SF6 insulated switchboard.

Regards,

Alan.
 21 September 2012 01:32 PM

Linspire

Originally posted by: alancapon

Originally posted by: sfchew

I suspect that all the topics recently refer to the same project. That would make it a 132kV SF6 insulated switchboard.

Regards,

Alan.

Haha, it's not the same project.
 21 October 2012 03:57 AM

talnakhi

The relevant IEC lists all the Type test to be done on the equipment, and if special tests are required.
IET » Energy » Type Test Report

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.