Increase font size
Topic Title: Electrical harness design engineer
Topic Summary:
Created On: 18 August 2012 06:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 18 August 2012 06:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

makehours

Hi, Can anyone tell me what does Electrical harness means and what will be the roles and responsibilities of electrical harness design engineer. please make it simple so that i can understand properly.
 18 August 2012 02:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dlane

If I have interpretated your question correctly an electrical harness is a preformed set of cables with terminations used in the assembly of electrical apparatus and machines.

The classic place for them is within a car. Lift the bonnet of a car and inside you will find a wiring harness usually covered in a a tape. The harness works its way around the engine bay with individual wires coming out of it to connectors that plug onto the various sensors and car components. They are however used in various other aspects of the manufacturing industry. You ar ealso starting to find them in prefabricated and sectionalised buildings now.

The roles and responsibilities would be defined by the company who the design engineer works for but they will consist of selection of appropriate cable sizes, insulation, connectors, layout of the harness, covering materials etc.

Kind regards

Donald Lane
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.