IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 132kV GIS (Gas Insulated Switchgear)
Topic Summary: Would like to know the specifications
Created On: 12 August 2012 08:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12 August 2012 08:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Linspire

Hi,

I'm helping colleague ask what's the technical specifications for 132kV GIS to fill in the tender specification. We have no experience in this field. I would like to seek opinions from all of you guys professional engineers around here.

Regards,
Linspire
 14 August 2012 12:40 PM

Linspire

Anyone ? It's a GIS substation, very new project to me.
 14 August 2012 03:10 PM

ArthurHall

Its a very open question. You would have to look at your enviroment and technical requirements. As there are only about three makes of switchgear available I would consider talking to the sales reps and see what is available.
 16 August 2012 01:19 AM

Linspire

i want to know the tecnical requirement for 132kV GIS. The circuit breaker,CB rating isit same with the outdoor CB rating?what about other equipment?CT,VT,Busbar and....
 16 August 2012 06:07 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

alancapon

I am confused here. Are you trying to buy a 132kV GIS circuit breaker to install in your own company or are you trying to sell one to a third party? Do you have a design that you are working to?

Regards,

Alan.
 17 August 2012 01:32 AM

Linspire

sorry to confused u. the problem here is i want to design a 132kV indoor GIS substation, so i need to come out with the tender. Inside the tender the rating of equipments of the GIS t such as CB, CT, VT and others must be specify, but i dun have a guide line. please help me on that. thank.
 18 August 2012 02:30 PM

dlane

The specification of the equipment will be dependent upon that apparatus it is going to feed, the number of operations it is likely to have, apparatus isolation requirements, earthing requirements, connection arrangements to the external system and so on.

The CT / VT arrangements again will be dependant upon the protection systems that are being employed or if there is any metering involved.

There may also be specific requirements from the company who will be owning / operating the GIS.

Without knowing any of that, no one can help you any further. If you are inexperienced in this type of installation then you would be better off employing the services of a consultant sush as TAS, PB Power or Poyry, to name 3 but there are many others out there. They would have the necessary expertise to sit down with you and work through the specification with you.

Kind regards

Donald Lane
 19 August 2012 10:55 AM

alancapon

If you are writing a tender for purchasing new GIS switchgear, then you must have an idea where it is to be installed. You also must know the number and rating of the various circuits that are to be connected to it. Without this information, you cannot write the enquiry document, as you cannot judge the CB rating, CT ratios or power system protection & control requirements. We cannot give you this information - the client you are writing the document for must have it!

Regards,

Alan.
 21 August 2012 05:54 PM

stableford

I have just seen a demo of the gear from one of the major manufacturers(Siemens) of GIS gear.
I believe you may be looking for the manufacturers spec to use as a template. You should be able to get this from the possible manufacturer, via their local representative.
You will have to alter it based off of your single line, and protective scheme plan.

Regards

Derrick
 22 August 2012 02:57 PM

Linspire

Originally posted by: alancapon

If you are writing a tender for purchasing new GIS switchgear, then you must have an idea where it is to be installed. You also must know the number and rating of the various circuits that are to be connected to it. Without this information, you cannot write the enquiry document, as you cannot judge the CB rating, CT ratios or power system protection & control requirements. We cannot give you this information - the client you are writing the document for must have it!

Regards,

Alan.

Do I really have count exact load for knowing the number & ratings of the various circuit ? If so, what'r the assumptions do I need to make ?
 23 August 2012 09:48 AM

alancapon

You do not need to know the load, you need the ratings or design current / voltage for the circuits you are planning on connecting to the switchgear. You will also need to know what type of protection relays (overcurrent / line diff etc)you are going to fit to the panel and whether you are proposing a busbar protection scheme too. This will give you the information you need.

Regards,

Alan.

Edited: 23 August 2012 at 10:47 AM by alancapon
 23 August 2012 12:20 PM

Linspire

Originally posted by: alancapon

You do not need to know the load, you need the ratings or design current / voltage for the circuits you are planning on connecting to the switchgear. You will also need to know what type of protection relays (overcurrent / line diff etc)you are going to fit to the panel and whether you are proposing a busbar protection scheme too. This will give you the information you need.

Regards,

Alan.

What you explained above, as I understood,let say the transmission line is 270kV is going to connected to this GIS.

I need to get draft of all design circuit connection / block diagram as I / the client desired. From there, I need compute necessary fault calculation. After finish calculation,only then I only can select a proper current rating for each equipment to be used ?
 25 August 2012 01:18 AM

alancapon

You need to know the "design" load current for the circuits, as well as short circuit current. You need to know the protection equipment that is to be installed to allow you to specify the CT parameters. The ratio is easy, as it relates to the maximum "design" load of the circuit, the other parameters can be a little more difficult (CT class, CT burden, resistance and knee-point) and may need to be calculated.

Regards,

Alan.

Edited: 25 August 2012 at 11:00 AM by alancapon
 26 August 2012 10:17 AM

Linspire

I see, thank you alancapon.
I behalf on my colleague say thank you everyone for this forum reply post.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.