IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: GSHP - Sizing advice required if possible?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 19 April 2012 11:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 19 April 2012 11:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dannyboy58

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I am posting in the correct section so apoligies if I'm not!

I wondered if there is anyone reading this that might be able to offer an estimate of the size of GSHP I might need for a building that I am designing for my final year architectural technology degree? (It's purely theoretical so please don't be put off from offering guess-timates).

The building is a pub/restaurant of approx. 440 sq mtrs and I plan to incorporate solar PV (it has a large angled roof facing due south) to run the heat pump and the heat pump to run underfloor heating throughout the building.

I hope this is enough information for someone to hazard a guess or to suggest anywhere I might be able to find this information out for myself? (I've tried looking at Heat Pump calculators online but I can't get any decent results).

Thanks in anticipation.

Dan.
 19 May 2012 11:06 AM

BobTylor

I considered if there is anyone assessing this that might be able to provide a figure out of the element GSHP I might need for a developing that I am developing for my last interval structural technological innovation degree?

-------------------------
Allied Roofing Services
info@alliedroofingservices.com
Crestwood, IL, 60445 USA
(708) 415-4474
 23 June 2012 02:38 PM

adamjones83

Hi,

The most essential thing to size a GSHP is that you must know the required heat load as these systems don't modulate as a normal traditional boiler would. A heat load calculator can be found on the MCS/DECC website, however I would recommend that these calculations are completed by an MCS accredited installer. Working on a new build property (Part L1A) you will be looking at around 50w/m2 for a heat load, this in turn will then size the heat pump you require which will then size the amount of ground loop collector you require, this will also depend upon the ground thermal conductivity.

If you approach a good GSHP manufacturer or an accredited installer they should be able to provide you with a estimation based on either plans you provide or heat load.

Let me know if you need me to go into further depth, a good start will be to look at the MIS 3005 document which details heat pump sizing and additional information.

Adam.

-------------------------
Adam.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.