Increase font size
Topic Title: ELECTRIC CARS
Topic Summary:
Created On: 31 August 2011 04:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 31 August 2011 04:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

acsinuk

I do not think that they will ever be economical as to charge up a tonne of batteries takes too long and uses electricity that itself is produced mostly from fossil fuels.

In the past, it used to be said that running a Vespa was a cheaper way of getting around that paying the shoe repair bill!!

Small economical engines that can run on palm or vegetable oil are surely a far better way of avoiding running out of crude oil than all the high-tech solutions at present under consideration for funding.

In my view, a government subsidy to grow fuel should replace all existing subsidies that are not tied to production output.

CliveS
 14 September 2011 05:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

acsinuk

Hi Alan
Thanks for your concern.
What we want is a generator that will use solar power ONLY; to split away the carbon from the global warming carbon dioxide releasing the oxygen back into the atmosphere and then compress this carbon with some hydrogen that has been split by electrolysis from water and then turn it into a liquid hydrocarbon fuel for our cars.
The engine I am thinking of designing probably won't be as efficient as a palm tree though??
There is a huge amount of land in Scotland that might yet be forested to good effect. Sorry to the grouse shooters. CliveS
IET » Energy » ELECTRIC CARS

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.