Increase font size
Topic Title: Power Transformer 33/11kV
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04 October 2002 05:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 October 2002 05:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Hardanjit

We are about to purchase power transformers 33/11kV 21/30MVA ONAN/ONAF Dyn11 and are currently reviewing the design drawings. We like to be advised on the following issues:

1. GAS/OIL Surge relay - The minimum straight length of pipe from transformer tank to relay is 5 X internal pipe diameter and 3 X internal pipe diameter from relay to conservator(from GEC Protection book). What is the maximum length that can be similarly stipulated? What is the industry standard in the UK?

2.We have specified a MR type of OLTC. How best can it be protect - using a separate oil conservator with GAS/OIL surge relay or shall we do away with the oil conservator and use instead a SUDDEN PRESSURE RELAY(three bellows type)? What has been your experience especially in terms of reducing the number of OLTC failures due to internal arcing?

2. Transformer tank interior - Which is better: grit blasting or treating it with oil chamber coating? What is the UK industry standard on this?

I hope you can assist me to find some much needed answers that you simply cannot extract from a text book?

Thank-you.

-------------------------
Hardanjit
 04 October 2002 09:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

rogerbrand

These are interesting design questions. You may wish to visit the website www.transformerworld.co.uk which should provide some answers directly or indirectly. I am responsible for the content of that site.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.