Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: English legislation for Electrical design
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04 December 2013 03:53 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 December 2013 03:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 1
Joined: 04 December 2013

Greetings to all.
I am an Italian Electrical Engineer, I am in England from short time and I am moving my first steps in the English Engineering sector.
I'm an electrical designer, I am writing this post to ask to you colleagues some information about English Legislation and the rules that regulate the profession of Engineer and particularly of a Electrical designer Engineer .
I think that an example will explain better what I mean.
In Italy, the design of the electrical installations must be signed by a qualified technician.
To register as a qualified engineer must be in possession of appropriate qualifications (diploma or degree in engineering) and enroll in the list of qualified Engineers.
This allows you to certify the authorship of each project signing it with your name and ensure that the responsibilities on the work designed are of the engineer who signed it.

How it works in England instead?
You need to get the particular qualifications to design electrical systems?
Does exist in UK a list of qualified Engineers or some type of qualification ?
Or the designer can freely design the plants (of course referring to standards such as BS 7671) ?
A designer must have an insurance covering its activities?
What are the responsibilities (in reference to English law) which must assume ?

I hope to have been able to explain as well my doubts.
I hope to receive your reply.

Edited: 04 December 2013 at 04:19 PM by FlyingV

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.