Increase font size
Topic Title: HV Network System Modelling
Topic Summary: HV Network Management
Created On: 01 December 2013 11:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 December 2013 11:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Jameschadwick

HI, i am an Electrical Engineer and Project Manager to an Acute NHS Foundation Trust and as such i am one of the two HV Approved Persons on site for the management and control of the HV network.

The current network has a Main Sub of the DNO's system 'OCB's' then we have 5 Subs on our own privately owned network all 'SF6 RMU's'.

I have two questions related, firstly does any one know of the most suitable software to map and intergrate the network for things like load flow, protection, fault levels, harmonics etc,?....
and does anyone know of any systems which can drill deeper to map and model the Lv also?

Any help would be great!!!

Edited: 01 December 2013 at 04:10 PM by Jameschadwick
 19 December 2013 01:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

christait

Hi James, Amtech do a good package, but this is quite pricey if only for single system use, although the LV package is pretty good. I use Amtech office for most LV tasks, which it is excellent for. I believe other companies also produce useful software, Bentley Hevacomp, AutoCAD REVIT MEP, and some of the big electrical companies (e.g. Schneider) have their own offerings. I previously worked in a hospital of simlar complexity, and found that generally the software packages available were not economically viable at HV level (we sub-contracted HV work out), but the LV packages were.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.