Increase font size
Topic Title: Emergency Lighting Requirements
Topic Summary:
Created On: 28 March 2012 02:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 28 March 2012 02:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

alexmacdonald

Do i need an emergency light in a windowless store under 60m2 which exits onto an escape route. the store has two doors at each side both with vision panels and emergency luminaires outside the doors. is borrowed emergency light through a vision panel acceptable to satisfy building regs & BS 5266?
 29 March 2012 01:35 PM

OMS

assuming no real hazards in the room and low levels of ocupancy I would suggest you don't need it - but a risk assessment should inform that choice.

I've assumed that any occupants are familiar with the inernal layout (which is helped by the vision panels to a large extent) and that the layout is reasonably clear within th estaore. I've further assumed the store doesn't house high hazard materials or has racking systems of abnormal height - ie where people may be standing on steps etc to retrieve componenets etc

regards

OMS

-------------------------
Failure is always an option
 18 May 2012 08:49 AM

buildingangel

I'd say you don't need it.. but it would look good since its windowless.. Light would do good..

Loft Conversion
 27 June 2012 09:52 AM

mq

assumed that any occupants are familiar with the inernal layout (which is helped by the vision panels to a large extent) and that the layout is reasonably clear within th estaore. I've further assumed the store doesn't house high hazard materials or has racking systems of abnormal height - ie where people may be standing on steps etc to retrieve componenets etc
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.