Increase font size
Topic Title: BUSINESS ANALYST - IT Department
Topic Summary: Career cange - Engineer to Business Analyst
Created On: 08 November 2013 05:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08 November 2013 05:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

shehan

I am an engineering graduate, BEng(Hons) Digital communications & Electronics and have a First class honors. At the moment I am working as Engineer - Network operation. My main responsibilities are planning & designing & configuring communication networks, specifically FTTH networks and local area networks. And also have a keen interest in Engineering.

Next point is, After my graduation, I have completed CCNA & Linux network administration (40 Hr) courses but not such CIMA or MBA.As a summery , my current working environment is 95% engineering base and the rest goes to making BOQs of such projects etc. And my ultimate goal is to become charted engineer & have a expectaion to migrate to either Austrailia or NZ.

Very recently I received one offer (a very good package) from our national airline for the post of Business analyst in their IT department. After having couple of interviews with the air line administration, I felt this position is not involving pure engineering related but also some financial/commercial involvement (like 70%) too.

So I have no idea about what should be my decision in this case.

1) In this case I would like to ask advice from industry experts that, what are the pros & cons of changing my carrier Engineer to business analyst.

2) According to my educational background, this business analyst thing is some what new to me and so will I be able to manage my duties without any doubts ?

Thanking you
Waduge Samarasena

-------------------------
Numerate engineering graduate with excellent academic record, computer literate with strong team-working and presentation skills gained through industrial training. Able work under pressure to discharge all duties entrusted.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.