Increase font size
Topic Title: CISCO course
Topic Summary: Uwinpro's CISCO course
Created On: 10 July 2013 12:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10 July 2013 12:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

AmolShinde

I need some advice on CISCO course to take. Uwinpro offers the following CISCO course

Link removed/cisco_ccna.html

They offers classroom or online training & duration is 30 hours.

please guys tell me should i go for it or not?

Edited: 10 July 2013 at 12:56 PM by AmolShinde
 10 July 2013 01:14 PM

jakegreenland

It's very difficult to say if the course is appropriate without knowing your own level of familiarity and experience with the technologies and equipment is or without knowing what you intend to get out of it.

CCNA is by no means a difficult exam to take but it does cover an awful lot of subjects although not in a great depth in some cases. The course you're looking at looks pretty much like the standard 5 day bootcamp curriculum that a lot of companies offer. Whilst it will cover all of the exam topics and with some cramming you may even be able to pass the exam after going through the course please do not expect to come out of the other end with all the skills and experience you would need to be able to walk into a job working with the equipment at anything other than an entry level - i.e. the same kind of job you could likely get without having sat on the course.

If, however, you're looking at the course to give you a basic introduction to the technologies in question and plan to use it as a template to self study and expand on the topics covered then it does appear to cover everything you'd need to get started on that path but without knowing the instructor delivering the course material or having read the material there's no way of saying how well it is delivered.

As with a lot of things like this there is absolutely no substitute for a combination of both the classroom learning and hands on practice and to get a reasonable amount of experience will take longer than the practical time that will be allocated on that course.

-------------------------
Jake Greenland, CEng MIET.
CCIE #22595
 13 January 2014 08:47 AM

hjeff045

If you have option on classroom and online training. I suggest you to choose classroom. The benefit of classroom is that you can gain some practical knowledge as well as theory. When you done some practical work you ca able to done practical work.

-------------------------
https://au.igrads.com
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.