Increase font size
Topic Title: Wireless Network
Topic Summary: Help with wireless network at home
Created On: 03 April 2013 08:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 April 2013 08:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

pad1123

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows about how to fix a problem related with home wireless network.

My problem is that I keep getting an error message that says Cannot locate connection from your network when I try to login from my wireless network company.

Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

Pierre D.
 06 April 2013 11:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

normcall

A little more information would be useful, but I'd first check that your computer wireless adaptor actually recognises your wireless network.
If not, start by checking the network actually exists by changing the channel and making sure the SSID is correct. You may find in a dense urban area, all channels are in use (there are only 13 maximum in the 2.4 Ghz band). You should be at least 3 channels away from any others.
Most adaptors start to self seek starting from Channel 1 looking for a free channel. This results in many users at the bottom end and few at the top end.
The other thing to remember is that many pieces of wireless equipment use this band. For example, I'm right on the edge of a small town with mainly detached properties. We have a CCTV system which swamps all channels between 1 and 4, thus only 6 to 13 are available and currently there are some 7 different users within range. Makes life very difficult.
Using the 5Ghz band would normally be fairly clear of other users, but coverage leaves a lot to be desired.

That should start pointing you in the right direction as far as the radio part is concerned.
Then you should ensure the identity IP is in the same range for both the router and your computer. As I say, more information is really needed, but that should get you in the right direction.

-------------------------
Norman
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.