Increase font size
Topic Title: Restart after formatting
Topic Summary: Buttons to push
Created On: 22 March 2013 09:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 22 March 2013 09:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

gazsnag

I would like to reformat my hard drive on my Toshiba laptop.

I have found partitions already installed on my hard drive. Apparently one of these contains the information to reload all the information I need to get my systems back after formatting.

Please tell me which buttons to hold or touch to start this procedure.

Regards
Gary

-------------------------
Gary J Palfreyman
 31 May 2013 07:16 AM

sean456

First you need to assure that what kind of OS do your laptop support because most of earlier versions of Toshiba laptop not such supporting the recent OS like Vista or 7 or 8 from Windows etc.
Second if you have recently installed new hardware than please remove it asap before you reformat your pc.
Third their might be a virus issues in which it directly affect to the pc bios and which resultant the frequent of pc.

Edited: 31 May 2013 at 07:25 AM by sean456
 02 July 2013 10:16 AM

giason

Gary,

As you rightly state the laptop probably does have a hidden partition with the restore information conatained. Usually this is accessed by pressing something along the lines of CTRL + C, or F8 or similar immediately after switch on and before the OS starts up.

If you post the model number I will try to find the relevant keys to do this for you.

Please note however this is a full factory restore and will result in all existing data being lost and you will be restored to the OS version and updates that were originally on the laptop at purchase. Be warned having performed this on many laptops it can be quite a lengthy process (often taking over an hour), and then (assuming Windows) you will spend many more hours bringing the laptop to the current service pack and security update level. Also if the recovery partition is damaged in any way you can only restore via a disk image or CD / DVD restore disc.

However this is a surefire way to restore a laptop to original settings with all appropriate drivers.
 22 July 2013 08:07 AM

hanaumabay

If you want to reinstall a fresh version of Win for example, just restart your PC, while there is a bootable disk of it in the CD/DVD. It will start the proccess and there is a part which will ask you if you would like to delete partitions or format them.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.