Increase font size
Topic Title: Fragile Windows 8
Topic Summary: Unpredictable performance
Created On: 04 March 2013 07:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 March 2013 07:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

davidwalker2

I am 2 months into a new computer running Windows 8. I find that Windows appears to be very fragile, too often inexplicably slowing down, programs (sorry, Apps) refusing to do anything, hanging on Restart, and I am interested to know if anyone else is having a similar experience with Windows 8.
For the record the computer is a Samsung NP350V5 laptop, with Intel i7 CPU @ 2.4GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1TB disc, running 64 bit Windows 8 regularly updated.
The Restart problem is the only frequent definable problem. On Restart the computer does not shut down but stays with the revolving dots. I have left it like this for 30 mins. I shut down by holding the power button for 5 seconds, and then switch on and everything works. This is particularly annoying with automatic restarts after updates. But then again it often works normally.
The other regular occurrence is that the pdf reader (I have tried Adobe X and XI) stops working. It will load documents and then freeze.
I can have a frustrating evening, doing restarts and shutdown/reboot without effect, only to find for next morning it is working perfectly.
Anyone found anything similar?
David
 05 March 2013 06:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DanielJon

Hey David I am using a Windows phone, never had any issue. My friend have Win 8 installed installed in his computer and everything works fine for him.
Form your words "in morning it is working perfectly" I suspect that there is a hardware issue with your system. (no doubt your machine is good). Either the Sink or green chip (don't know what exactly it is called) on your motherboard might not be working fine. Have it checked.
(It is my personal experience with previous laptop)

-------------------------
Daniel Jones
http://www.kiwitech.com
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.