Increase font size
Topic Title: wwhat software has been used for graphical interface
Topic Summary: interactive gui
Created On: 13 October 2011 03:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 13 October 2011 03:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ashleyb393

hello

i have seen graphical interface which displays data on screen graphically, and also interacts with game, and collects data from usb or com port to drive the interface.

so please look at link below

http:// jmtc. ls1 howto.com/

at the start you can actually see some code, can ayone tell me what software he used to develop this interface, and what package did he do animation in such as wheel spnning on the bike.

reason why ask as would like to work towards similar graphically interface, which is driven from data taken from coms port.

could please someone help so could start learning required software this is not for work, or student project it for hobby at home.

i have emailed guy few months back and for obvoius reasons he has not replied.

thanks
ashley

Edited: 13 October 2011 at 03:15 PM by ashleyb393
 15 October 2011 11:32 PM

deleted_1_Nimer

First off, there is no code in the website you gave us. Could you point out where it is, or could you actually copy & paste it in the forum?

Secondly, any programming IDE & programming language supported by any current operating system has the ability to create graphically-intensive interfaces like this. As a matter of fact, if you have the know-how & the software to do it, you could create a perfect clone of the above program strictly in assembly language. Essentially, you need to program your interface using several resources (i.e.: just as you can import an icon for your program as a resource, you can do the same thing with different graphic file types, provided that you have a header file/library to do so).

Now, the header/library files that are required for this task depends on the programming language that you use &, sometimes, the programming IDE. Which programming language & IDE are you using?

-------------------------
Technology: something that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists & technicians!

( Lousy modern technology! )

Edited: 18 October 2011 at 03:05 AM by deleted_1_Nimer
 21 October 2011 02:45 PM

ashleyb393

hello thanks for reply

sorry for lateness of my reply i have been away staying at relatives house abroad.

Well the code is in the youtube vidoe halfway down the webpage, as the software is startd the is splash screen and behind this is the code at very start of the video it hard to see but maybe someone can recognise it.

But anyway if this can be done numerous ways which would be best software package and launguage to use, to learn and for someone relatively new, to do this sort of stuff.

i have used in the past turbo c, java, html, delphi, and some assembly mostly when doing electrical engineering degree so just relatively small programs.

thanks ashley
 22 October 2011 02:31 AM

deleted_1_Nimer

Your best bet would either be to use Java or C/C++. Java's robust enough to encorporate graphics into any interface (as does C/C++). Whichever is simplest for you; it's all your choice.

-------------------------
Technology: something that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists & technicians!

( Lousy modern technology! )
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.