Increase font size
Topic Title: I.T. In the Oil and Gas Industry
Topic Summary: Oil and Gas Industry
Created On: 03 July 2010 01:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 July 2010 01:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

bigbri

Can anyone help?,

I am due to leave the Royal Navy Submarine Service as an Electronics Engineer. I have a BSc in Engineering, Cisco CCNA, 17th Edition wiring regs, and a Graduatship In Leadership and Management (and 22years in Engineering).

Does anybody out there work in the Oil and Gas industry who knows what opportunities lie out there for a chap like me, with the above experience/quals.

All I keep hearing is doom and gloom in the industry and how difficult it can be to get in.

Surely a chap, like me, used to working in harsh environments could get a foot in the door. I understand there are all sorts of Technician type jobs out there, but find it difficult to get anyone to part with this information, oil related.

Even considered ROV pilot/Technician, but that has even more Doom and Gloom attached to it !!!!

Any help would be greately appreciated,

Thanks, and regards,

Brian
 23 July 2010 10:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

lowson_i

The best way, as a man of your calibre, is getting on the internet and getting names of companies you'd like to work for and send them your CV. If you are lucky and send enough letters you get a result.

Some agencies will do this for you and for the jobs you should be looking for (I would strongly suggest that you seek Engineer posts. You are way beyond technician!!!!), agencies have probably closed out the job market. Then it comes down to selecting the right agencies. There is no harm contacting the companies you would like to work for, ask them who they use to recruit if at all and go from there.

Best of luck.

-------------------------
Ian Lowson MIET

Do or do not, there is no try!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.