Increase font size
Topic Title: Web Development
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07 January 2010 05:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07 January 2010 05:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

typhovision

I m looking at Devry for Computer Information Systems with focus on Web Development and Administration. Im currently doing Sales and Customer service and looking for a change. I have always been intrested in the internet, im very computer savy and figured it was a good fit.
1st. Is Devry recognized by most employers?
2nd. What type of jobs/pay would i be able to get into with this specialty?

---------------------------------------------------
website development Toronto
 05 July 2010 01:34 AM

deleted_1_Nimer

DeVry, first & foremost, is a technical college that has a reputation for teaching students the most current materials in their respective fields. And just like any other college, they'll give you both class material & lab material (which is very hands-on as most technical college go). So there's no doubt that DeVry's recognised by its employers. What you really need to think about in this day & age, though, are all your other credentials as you entre the work force (credentials which I'm sure you have).

Secondly, I've read somewhere that, in the US, the median expected salary for a job in web design would be around the $50000 range, but one should expect a starting salary of around the $40000 range minimum. This said, it's only one publication that I've read; you'll have to do a little more research into the major employers who offer jobs in web design & adminitration, as salaries vary from employer to employer.

-------------------------
Technology: something that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists & technicians!

( Lousy modern technology! )
 07 September 2010 05:29 PM

benacheson

You might enjoy SEO (search engine optimisation) given your technology background and an interest in business/sales.

SEO is where marketing/business meets technology.

You can learn a lot just by searching for the topic and looking at blogs and forums.

-------------------------
Ben Acheson
 30 November 2010 08:49 AM

ahesan

Right out of school, with that degree, you could get a job as a software developer / software engineer / programmer / programmer analyst. At the entry level the are all the same job. Later in your career you could pursue opportunites as a software acrhitect, team leader, project manager, etc.

Online shopping at Chinabuye for [url=Link removed/]dropship electronics[/url] Service
 09 March 2011 06:38 PM

thomas206

Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.