Increase font size
Topic Title: Career Change
Topic Summary:
Created On: 22 January 2014 10:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 22 January 2014 10:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

IsaKiwanuka

I am considering Taking a year and a half out of work to learn an specialize in embedded C programming ..and improve my assembly language at the same time...

I want to be my own boss and work on different projects and i see this the only way

any advice on this ......I was also considering doing a Phd if that will help

........Im ok with money i dont need much to live on ...a roof and food is enough ...and i haave saved enuff.......

my background is ....I graduated with a first class degree in electronics and electrical engineering (2013) and worked 9 months as a medical service engineer ....

any advice or oinions are welcome.....

thank you
 22 January 2014 11:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jarathoon

You should ask yourself the question...

What is the thing I most want to do with my life (not necessarily work related)?

If you want to become your own boss then to increase the chance of success substantially you are best advised to do something that already interests and engages you, and makes use of some of the knowledge and skills you already have e.g. foreign languages in regards to import/export or technical translation.

Look in detail at your own strengths and weaknesses. How resilient are you to failure are you, as you won't necessarily succeed with your first business idea?

-------------------------
James Arathoon
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.