IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Convert 9 V battery into two separate 1.5 mv currents?
Topic Summary: Convert 9 V battery into two separate 1.5 mv currents
Created On: 12 December 2013 08:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12 December 2013 08:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jeffanderson

I am looking to design a small box that houses a single 9-V battery (as power supply), and has two anodes (separate wires) and two cathodes (also separate wires) as outputs.

I need for the current to get 1.5 Mv coming out of each anode (to flow across a surface to get to the respective cathode) , and it is important that not go above this value.

Can anybody help me design the appropriate circuit to try out on my breadboard. Not sure what I would need or how to do it.

Thanks,

Jeff
 12 December 2013 08:57 PM

kengreen

hi Jeff,

I am a bit rusty on this sort of puzzle but I think that if you go through the catalogues you will find an i/c that will perform the trick of providing two isolated outputs.

Alternatively, if you want to build it yourself, take two separate feeds each via an emitter-follower type of circuit.

Ken Green
 12 December 2013 11:16 PM

ANFierman

Assuming you mean that you want 1.5mA (and not 1.5x10^6 Volts!) then the very simple little circuit I have posted on EasyEDA should do what you want:

http://easyeda.com/file_view_D...battery_5zVPWQKqW.htm

If you follow the instructions in the schematic then you can run a DC Sweep of the output currents from each source vs. the battery voltage.

-------------------------
Andy Fierman

---------------------------
http://signality.co.uk
---------------------------
 13 December 2013 08:36 AM

ectophile

I think you need to be a bit clearer as to what you want. Is it 1.5 millivolts or 1.5 megavolts? The circuits for the two would be rather different!

Also, 1.5 mV (or 1.5 MV) is a voltage, not a current. When designing such a circuit, the required current would matter.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.