Increase font size
Topic Title: Temperature measurements
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11 July 2013 03:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11 July 2013 03:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

pastankaitis

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried to measure temperature of gas combustion? If so, could you briefly described how you did it. I'm interested in temperature measurements of chemical/physical processes, so I'll be doing a project on it. To begin with, I'll use thermocouples or RTD's to measure and display temperature of some metals, but later I'd like to move on gasses and their combustion. So, possibly I need to have a look at optical sensors. So, any suggestions on what optical sensors could I use would be highly appreciated.

Moreover, I might have a look at fiber optic sensors since there are couple methods how they could measure temperatures.

Thanks.
 31 July 2013 02:22 PM

chefgage

One such example we use is to monitor the temperature of the inlet gas and inlet air by using an RTD (PT100) in each inlet. The combustion chambre temperature is monitored by a series of thermocouples (type R and type K)
 27 December 2013 04:16 AM

plcautomation

Temperature measurement have led to a huge variety of sensors and measuring instruments now being available for making accurate measurements at relatively low costs.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.