Increase font size
Topic Title: What can i do?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 13 March 2013 12:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 13 March 2013 12:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Richie123

Good Morning ladies and Gentlemen,

Over the past 6 years the company i work for has sent me on a number of courses which i have been happy to attend, i have completed the courses and below are the qualifications gained.

-City and Guilds certificate of competence for the inspection and testing of electrical equipment

-City and Guilds certificate of competent management of electrical equipment

-City and Guilds certificate in portable appliance testing

-NVQ level 2 engineering maintenance and installation (electrical maintenance)

- Stoke on Trent college 70 hour electrical appreciation course

-Btec level 3 advanced diploma in electronic engineering

Now what i need to know is what i am legally certified to do within the factory?

I believe for instance i am qualified to test a 415v motor , isolate it , disconnect and reconnect a new motor and then it has to be checked by a qualified electrician before it can be run?

I realise that the qualifications i have obtained are unique to me and that is why i was hoping you guys could give a job description or point me in the right direction to find this out?

many thanks rich
 13 March 2013 02:37 PM

amillar

Not sure this is the best thread to ask this on: you might be better on the "Wiring and Regulations" thread.

-------------------------
Andy Millar CEng MIET CMgr MCMI

http://www.linkedin.com/in/millarandy

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress." Joseph Joubert
 13 March 2013 02:40 PM

oneye

If I were in charge I would want to know what is on your CV.....

I could perhaps trust you to PAT test various appliances but would not rely on your advanced diploma in electronic engineering to deal with a 3 phase motor.

And if you were deemed competent to deal with a 3 phase motor, why would I need an electrician to check your work unless I could not trust you.

Training and experience IMO go hand in glove, and as time goes on you will find your experience more important. I don't see anywhere a training course on using your initiative.
 13 March 2013 03:02 PM

Richie123

Thanks andy have done

My CV is irrelevant as these were obtained after employment started.

"And if you were deemed competent to deal with a 3 phase motor, why would I need an electrician to check your work unless I could not trust you." trust aint the issue oneye the issue is i am doing what i believe within the boundaries of the certification. clarification of the level i can work to is the request
 13 March 2013 03:15 PM

oneye

Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.