Increase font size
Topic Title: Electrician -> Electrical Engineer
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09 June 2012 09:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09 June 2012 09:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jameswsblackburn

I am currently half way through my Electrical Installation Apprenticeship, after i have completed this i would eventually like to be qualified in electrical engineering. I know there is a set courses to become one, However i really don't have any clue what courses you need or anything! i was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me or let me know if there is any night courses i could do to help me become qualified? or if you have made the change from electrician to engineer could you possibly share your career path? i live in the south east of england if anyone knows any courses around this area.
Thanks.
 13 June 2012 09:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Mawdsley87

I am currently doing a similar thing as to what you are looking to do. I finished my apprenticeship and became a qualified electrician in the summer of 2008 however because of the recession and only being out of my time a few months i found myself unemployed by January 2009. I decided I wanted to pursue a career as an engineer and so I applied to do a foundation course at uni which allowed me to then go onto my degree course I have just finished my second year now.

That is one way of doing it another way is to find a company who are willing to let you change from being on the tools to working in the office and apply to do a degree part time while still working for them. I know a person who did this the degree takes longer to complete however there is less student debt if any (some companies will pay the fees) and you are still earning a good wage while studying. Hope this helps.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.