Increase font size
Topic Title: Advice on Final Project of Electronic Engineering
Topic Summary:
Created On: 25 April 2012 05:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 25 April 2012 05:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zulqarnain1

i am just close to give final project presentation and i am still confused in selection of final project,,can any body help me to choose any good design which includes programing like C++ and also some electronics,,il be thankful to you all.
Thanks.

Zulqarnain Azam
(IEEE , IET Member)

-------------------------
Zaki(A).!
 26 April 2012 07:59 AM

IanDarney

You could present something on the subject of 'Circuit Modeling for EMC'. There is plenty of guidance available at www.designemc.info . This describes tests on simple assemblies using a signal generator and oscilloscope to measure coupling between two separate circuits. Mathcad programs are described which simulate the test results. The resulting model defines the EMC characteristics of the link-under-review over the range of frequencies most likely to cause interference problems.

Mathcad worksheets described in the guidance document are available on request. Matlab programs which perform the same function are also available. SPICE software is inadequate because of the built-in assumption that 'ground' or 'earth' can be represented by an equipotential surface and because it does not invoke transmission-line relationships.
 26 April 2012 08:31 AM

Zulqarnain1

Thank u so much sir for ur reply but i have no interest in signal and system my interest area is programing and some basic or advanced circuitry,,,,so can u tell me some advanced useful and practical project which also helps me in next working life ...!!

Zaki(A).!
 26 April 2012 03:06 PM

IanDarney

If you start your working life with the ability to understand the mechanisms involved in coupling interference into and out of any signal link in the equipment-under-review, you could become like a clear-sighted man in the land of the blind.
 03 May 2012 12:15 PM

Zulqarnain1

Thats cool,,,,,but i will be realy happy to get some idea about the projects that depends on embedded system,programing etc and involve some electronics...!!

Zaki(A).!
 04 May 2012 08:26 AM

IanDarney

You could identify mechanisms by which interference could upset the normal function of computer control circuitry in motor vehicles and cause unintended acceleration.

Alternatively you could submit another request to the forum, this time specifying in more detail the types of project that you would be interested in.

Ian Darney
 28 May 2012 05:55 PM

backdrill

You may want to develop a prototype for a circuit and compare the software simulation result to the actual measurements from the prototype. I would suggest you look for board fabrication who can help/guide you on the process.
 01 June 2012 02:29 PM

Lorna

How about a micro-controller project?

I'm in the same boat, doing my final year project whilst working as a .net developer.

The micro-controllers can offer you the coding project that you would enjoy but require some pretty in depth circuit design (depending on what you do).

Hope this helps,
Lorna
 01 June 2012 03:16 PM

Zulqarnain1

Thats exactly what i want micro-controller project it could be 8051 or AVR etc , i want the idea about micro-controller projects which will help me in my professional life ,u found the way how i think about ideas,,thanks Lorna,,il wait for some ideas from u about micro-controller projects and about ur final year project,
THANKS AGAIN

Zaki(A).!
 05 October 2012 04:08 PM

bille1319

Without being accused of plagarism I carried out a similar project with the OU years ago. It involved compilation of a C++ programme and construction of a circuit on a breadboard linked to various sensors for a weather station. It measured and stored variables such temp, pressure, rainfall, wind etc
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.