Increase font size
Topic Title: Programmable Logic controller
Topic Summary: Hands on Experience
Created On: 14 December 2011 08:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 14 December 2011 08:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

riaz14

Hi Guys,can anyone let me know where i can buy cheap plc pricing upto £70 or less ,may be used/refurbished including programming software(trial) and hardware to work at home to have hands on experience before i apply any job,thanks in davance.(any vendor which one is cheaper siemens,omeron,allanbradly ,ABB .or etc)
 16 December 2011 11:21 AM

tomhelliwell

Schneider's Twido has free downloadable programming software called Twidosuite, not sure how much the PLC or cable is though, you could make your own cable if on a tight budget.

goto Link removed for useful PLC information.

Regards
Tom
 16 December 2011 11:34 AM

sbrown2

I agree with the above post. A lot of these small controllers seem to utilise function block as well as ladder programming which gives a sound introduction to siemens S5/S7 controllers, to name one. Moeller, keyence, mitsubishi and others also do small controllers like these.
 16 December 2011 01:39 PM

tomhelliwell

Also if you manage to get a PLC but need the programming cable/software I beleive there are some companies out there that provide rentals. I'm sure we have rented a cable from a company called BPX before.

Good luck
 11 January 2012 09:56 PM

riaz14

hi tomhelliwell would you please advise any other cheap plc with tight budgets
schneider PLC is also costly( £300 just for plc only they are asking,no cable,no power supply)
regards
 12 January 2012 09:08 AM

sbrown2

Hi Riaz14

are you studying or employed? If employed is it in this field? If studying does the establishment you are with have access to PLC's?
 13 January 2012 01:08 AM

riaz14

thks for your query,I am neither studying nor employed but lloking for job or work experience but unfortunately i have to have skills in PLC programming for control system design as i want to proceed in instrumentation and control field.
my cv on linkedIn(http://uk.linkedin.com/in/masifriaz),shows i just need little bit help in bying the right product and rest is my job to master it.
 09 March 2012 06:03 PM

adamtaylor

There is a PLC called Moeller easy, they are really simple to use and quite cheap if you look on RS components. They have a handy screen on the front, which it can be programmed from and the PLCs have also got many internal functions.

This is brilliant starting place to learn about PLCs, I highly recommend one as this is where I started learning about PLCs.

Adam

-------------------------
Fail to prepare...Prepare to fail!

Adam
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.