IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Microcontrollers Using C Short Courses
Topic Summary: I am in urgent need of some training for programming microcontrollers using C.
Created On: 03 November 2011 04:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 November 2011 04:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

safortune

Hi,

I have just started a new job which requires me to write the firmware for our products. I have a limited background knowledge of C and of using microcontrollers in general.

I am using Freescale's MC56F8346 with the codewarrior suite. However, Freescale do not seem to run or support any training courses for this device in the UK.

Can anyone recommend a short course for this, or a similar device, in the UK (preferrably Scotland)?

Thanks in advance,

Stephan
 05 November 2011 05:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

alancapon

I can recommend "Sams Teach Yourself C in 21 Days (6th Edition)" as a very good well written book. It teaches from the basics to an advanced level, without appearing to "talk down" at the reader, which some of this type of book seem to do. I found this text, together with the equipment manual of the device I was programming (this gave additional commands, and how to refer to I/O points on the device) was all I needed. I still keep the book on my desk as a useful reference source. If you need them, the ISBN numbers for this publication are: ISBN-10: 0672324482 and ISBN-13: 978-0672324482).

Regards,

Alan.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.