Increase font size
Topic Title: Help
Topic Summary: Vision for the Blind
Created On: 25 October 2011 10:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 25 October 2011 10:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

MHIJAZI84

Hello

I am a student working on an assignment about designing a sensor, I have an Idea about using LED technology and plastic Printed silicon technology to create a cheap sensor that will allow light detection, in the hope that this will help blind to see at least the shadow of objects so that they can maneuver as a starter.

I would appreciate any help reading suggestions, websites personal knowledge all welcomed. Thanks
 28 October 2011 11:55 PM

deleted_1_Nimer

For this sort of thing, you'll need to understand how video systems work & how the human brain & eyes work. Optics is only scratching the surface, while you also need to understand more about colour processing in different video systems & how the human brain processes light & colour information.

Simply put, you'll need more than a set of LEDs to create a sensor; you also need something to decode/process what the sensor has detected in a way that the human brain can understand (that is, if you intend for your sensor to act as a prosthetic eye).

-------------------------
Technology: something that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists & technicians!

( Lousy modern technology! )
 29 October 2011 01:11 AM

MHIJAZI84

Hello nimer

thanks for the input, I understand the complexity behind a prosthetic eye, but this is just for an assignment, I am trying to come up with a simple idea, lets say black and white at the moment but the input is much welcomed as it gave me few points to consider. If you have any further help you can bring froward I would appreciate it. Thanks
IET » Electronic engineering » Help

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.