Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Amplifier circuit with Bass and Treble control
Topic Summary: Bass and Treble control
Created On: 19 May 2011 07:48 PM
Status: Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 19 May 2011 07:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 1
Joined: 19 May 2011

I'm currently doing a project on amplifiers and trying to create one which will control both treble and bass inputs. The amplifier circuit itself works fine, I just can figure out how to get the high and low pass circuits to work together. All I can use are simple components such as capacitors, resistors, potentiometers and of course the amp chip which is a 741. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
 19 May 2011 10:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Posts: 141
Joined: 25 July 2008

Hi Jez,

The most common type of tone control for audio amplfiers is called the Baxandall tone control after Peter Baxandall who first designed it.
Have a Google for "baxandall tone control".

A far more complex idea is the Parametric or the Graphic Equaliser.


Andy Fierman


See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2016 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.