Topic Title: 12 volt timer
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04 February 2007 08:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 15 July 2009 06:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

essex3lv6

plug in digital electronic timer can be modified to work on 12vdc requires replacement relay and mains input components linked out..n things, or use a 12v dc door entry security programmer i also sell these programmers on ebay for solar/wind installations my ebay id is essex3lv6 or i can modify these plug in timers Kind Regards Geoff essex@gotadsl.co.uk
 14 August 2010 07:08 PM

grenoble

Originally posted by: mattnewell

hi andy. it is to light my chciken shed for a few extra hours per day. currently have an inverter with 240v mechanical timer attached. this set up is sucking battery dry in a few days, not even that (38ah bat). have looked at units available and they cost a fortune.

many thanks,

matt

Hello Matt,
I just got to this page and I am not sure if you have already found the solution for your application. We have a 12V DC Timer that works pretty well on our application. Actually we use it on a chicken shed to open and close the door in the morning and evenings. We put together a system using an electric antenna (car antenna) which extends and opens the door in the morning and when the timer cuts the power, at the end of the day, it shuts the door until next morning. The door is like a a dog entrance door and is just swings vertically but it is firmly maintained closed during the nigh. The part number for the timer is BRX1224PTS1 the brand is Brazix. If you Google it you will find it.
 19 August 2010 08:17 PM

eclectica

Hi,

Have you looked at PICAXE microcontrollers - (basically PIC microcontrollers with comprehensive high level instruction set which takes all the grind out of a native PIC setup)?

Take a look at the PICAXE site: http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/

I find them extremely versatile and very useful. By way of example, one of my projects is a mole scarer which runs from a 6V 10Ah battery (via. 5V low dropout regulator). It works without any charging for over 3 months at a time, despite driving 4 buzzer intermittently.

bheideman, the PICAXE could be powered from the 12V battery via regulator and drive a MOSFET at programmed intervals to run 12V pumps - such as Eheim 12V 1A (nicely engineered!). (You could have a light sensor feeding into one of the inputs to detect the start of day too if you wanted).

Hope this helps.

Regards
E.

-------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The meaning of life is a blank sheet; write on it wisely. ~ M.Cutler.
IET » Electronic engineering » 12 volt timer

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.