Increase font size
Topic Title: Development of control system for wind turbine
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02 January 2014 07:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02 January 2014 07:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Aish5

hi friends
i recently joined energy sector, i have been assigned development of control system for wind turbine
i have no idea how to develop it ,please help me
 03 January 2014 12:25 PM

oneye

It sounds to me as though you have been given a project akin to a length of string...

If you start with a blank sheet of paper - you need to find out the mechanical attributes of the machines you intend to control.
From there you go back to basics.
However the wind turbine has, in it's many different configurations been running for at least 20yrs, so there are control systems already out there; and I recall having sight of one circa 1994.

So it would appear you don't need to start with a blank sheet of paper unless you turbine is somehow unique.
I am fascinated by the recent Siemens direct drive turbine - to be much mechically simpler than earlier designs.

Good Luck !
 11 January 2014 12:29 PM

kengreen

oneye,
would your D.D. turbine be the one feaqtured in Philips mags circa 1963 and installed on an island NW Scotland? It was v ery succesful but disappeared. Tower was a enormouse venturi. Rotor blades were hollow and sucked air up through the tower and the turbine in throat of venturi. No gearbox - no vibration, no noise, no mechanical losses.

Ken Green
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.