IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Wireless relay control issues
Topic Summary: I need wireless relay control with at least 12 channels where I can close more than one relay simultaneously.
Created On: 24 November 2013 07:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 24 November 2013 07:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

HalloweenBob

I haven't been able to find this without spending close to $1000.00.

I need at least 12 channels. I would make do with two 6 channel setups on different frequencies if need be.

I need to have momentary control. Meaning that when I push button #1, relay #1 on the receiver would close and stay closed for the amount of time that I hold down button #1.

While I am holding down button #1, I need to be able to push any number of additional buttons at the same time and also have those relays close while the first one remains closed, just as if they were all hard wired to push buttons.

It is how I expected it to work, but I am at a loos to find an affordable system that works that way. I don't require great range. The transmitter and receiver will never be more than 30 feet away from each other.

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Thank you!
Bob
 25 November 2013 11:16 AM

kengreen

Bob,

Your solution lies in so-called "logic circuitry" for which you need a few "gates" which are available at a cost of pennies.

Ken Green
 25 November 2013 12:20 PM

HalloweenBob

Please tell me more! You have my full attention.
 25 November 2013 12:22 PM

HKafeman

Bob

To specify a system fully, details of the timing constraints and load requirements of the relays would be required.

However, from my experience EnOcean devices should do what you require.

Depending on where you are located you will need to use the 868.3MHz, 315MHz or 902MHz variants to suit the regulators.

The standard TCM300x/TCM320x functionality in Mode 3 will allows 4 switches to be tied to 4 outputs. So 3 off devices would drive 12 channels. However with some simple additional circuitry and some changes to the firmware you could readily drive 12 channels from a single device.

The standard PTM210x can implement 4 off push buttons, so you would only need 3 of these devices for 12 channels. They are self contained, not requiring any batteries, as they Energy Harvest enough energy from the action of pressing the buttons to send the required messages.

Range is typically 30m in buildings or 100m in open spaces.

Total cost for 3 off TCM300x/TCm320x devices and 3 off PTM210x devices should be under £150 or under $200.....

You would just need to add circuitry to drive your relays noting that the maximum current from each output is 2mA at 3.3V so depending on your relays, you may need a transistor between each output and each relay...

See: http://www.enocean.com

Do let me know if you require any further assistance.

Regards
Henry Kafeman

-------------------------
Henry Kafeman

HDK Solutions Ltd.
Investigate, Analyse, Resolve
Tel: +44 (0)1908 866921
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.