Increase font size
Topic Title: Newly certified in PLC needs advise
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03 October 2013 02:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 October 2013 02:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Gman87

Hi everyone. I have been in the electronics field for 20 years and decided I needed a change. I will complete PLC certification in a month and need to know how to get into the door and where to go. What the best scenario? Thanks for your thoughts.
 08 October 2013 02:24 PM

oneye

You need experience !

There are many manufacterers around who have small systems and need a Control Engineer willimg to learn their ways and means.
It also helps if can produce functional design specifications, informing the layman (or more likely mechanical engineers) how the system will perform.
 25 October 2013 01:13 PM

ysohail78

Ur are looking to be become an automation engineer... this is simple...u should know the basic and some advanced programming for PLC... All types of PLC programming are typically some, only the instruction set and addressing method are different...u should be familiar with control scheme and should know how to read and prepare the logics and control interlock... u should start with very simple and basic programming ladder logic and then proceed for advanced level...Different PLC make are available in market...n depend on ur taste that from where u want to start the kick off
 24 November 2013 10:29 PM

harta

For work and experience you could consider starting in automation maintenence. that's how I started and it gave me a good insight into the physical side of systems and also fault finding experience. I know companies that are struggling to find people who would have traditionally taken maintenence roles that have the ability to follow structured text/ladder/FBD and are interested in the programming side. I would also look into Networks IP/TCP and the various field buses that are used (Profibus, Modbus etc).
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.