Increase font size
Topic Title: Can operate multiple dol starter on/off from one place
Topic Summary:
Created On: 30 July 2013 11:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 30 July 2013 11:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

kvvsrao

I have different motors running in different places in 30 acres aqua form, All motors have DOL Starters next to the motor.

To on/off all motors, we have to walk through entire form and it is taking 30-45 mins of time.

Is there any way operate all these starters in one place (may be from office room). it will save time and power to me.

[one of my friend told me that it is possible with extra wiring from starter to office room]

Thank you,
surendra
 09 October 2013 07:51 PM

pradeep_pk

It is preferable to start the motor from the nearest point so that you can watch if there is any abormality and stop the motor immediately.

If you still feel that you need to start the motors from your office, then there are two or three ways:

1. As advised by your friend, you can lay control cable from each starter to your office and install additional on/off push buttons.

2. Otherwise, you can relocate the motor starter nearest to the place from where is power for each motor is fed. I hope, they are all powered from the same substation or switchboard.

3. Another way is to employ wireless remote transmitters for start / stop contacts in place of cables as mentioned in point 1 above.

I hope the above is useful.
 28 November 2013 03:13 PM

HarshalKhedkar

You can also consider installing small PLC in central location in aqua farm and remotely control PLC from remote location. This will save control wiring cost and add flexibility of operating system from remote location.

-------------------------
Electrical engineer with more than 20 years of experience in petrochemical plant project management, commissioning, maintenance and technical support.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.