Increase font size
Topic Title: Career Advice for Engineering Graduate
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04 July 2013 08:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04 July 2013 08:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Vinith

Hello,

i am Kumar. I am Graduate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I am interested in having my career in Electronics Embedded systems or Automation & Control. I have difficulty in choosing one. Any suggestions or advice from experienced people would be of much help. I am concerned about the scope and career development in these two fields.

Many thanks....
 12 July 2013 09:39 AM

sandip

Better to opt for automation & control which has the wider scope.
 03 November 2013 07:20 PM

davidburke

Kumar,

It is entirely up to you which path you choose, however the automation and control industry is thriving at the moment and going forward there is huge scope to progress. As a electrical/electronic engineer would you not want to go into power & control? doing more hardware applications rather than a software applications?
Either way, there are graduate schemes out there for both, and I wouldn't imagine you would have trouble finding a position as long as your credentials are all there.

David
 06 November 2013 06:49 AM

prasadms

Choose Automation & control which invariably uses Embedded System too implement a given control algorithm. hence you would come to know about control system and also how to implement it.
 19 December 2013 03:54 PM

christait

Apart from the engineering, look at the company you want to work for. Do they do things that interest you, do they offer good career development etc. If you enjoy both aspects of engineering, then let other factors influence your decision as well. Both of these fields offer huge scope for development, and there is a lot of development going on in both fields. The only other thing I would say is that they are not mutually exclusive, if you want to do both, look for a company that does both. Once you've got a foot in the first door, you will find a corridor full of other doors to explore.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.