Increase font size
Topic Title: Control system design for flexible structures
Topic Summary:
Created On: 25 January 2013 06:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 25 January 2013 06:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mahwishjawa

hey everyone,

i have to write a survey paper on Control System Design for Flexible Structures and this topic is completely new to me.. i have tried searching but it has been unfruitful so far.. can someone please tell me what actually these flexible structures are and how to start with this topic..

Edited: 25 January 2013 at 07:27 PM by mahwishjawa
 25 January 2013 08:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

oneye

Despite many years experience I had to 'Google' this for an idea of what might be involved.....here's 2 ideas off the 'net:

1. http://automation.isa.org/2013...ng-input-constraints/
"Abstract: In this paper output unreachability under input saturation phenomenon is studied: under a large disturbance or setpoint change, the process output may never reach the set point even when the manipulated variable has driven to saturation. The process output can be brought back to the set point only by activating an auxiliary manipulated variable"

2. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl...%3Farnumber%3D5410416
"A Genetic Algorithm (GA) based approach for design of H¿ passive control for a flexible structure is presented. The flexible structure has six degrees of freedom and the control system is designed by using the H¿-control theory. The passive control is to minimize the H¿-norm from closed loop transfer function of the system which implies suppressing the magnitude peaks vibration of the frequency response. Parameters optimization of flexible structure system becomes an H¿-output feedback problem. This problem is transformed to Bilinear Matrix Inequality problem and then it is solved by using GA."

All I can say is - Good Luck !
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.