IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: FYP 3 Fingered Robotic Hand
Topic Summary: I am to design, build and program a 3 fingered hand i dont realy know what to look for with motors/servos
Created On: 08 May 2012 10:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08 May 2012 10:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

BenjaminOB

I am in my second year of mechatronics and robotic systems with the university of Liverpool and i am looking into parts for my FYP. The problem is i really don't know very much about servos or motors.
My basic specification is the hand needs to be able to at least grip and hold an iron and be capable of many other domestic tasks the second one i am looking at may be opening a jar or perhaps being able to grip, hold and operate a kettle.

Please note this is just the hand to be attached to a larger domestic robot so its main functions are to grip and be capable of holding onto objects while they are being moved about. With regards to opening jars I have only really come up with one solution to have the whole hand on a rotary wrist.

The hardware to be used is ARM i don't know what processor or board yet as i am hopping to get in contact with arm themselves for advice on available mini boards i could build into the hand itself. Failing that we do have access to and ARM educational board with a screen attached or possibly an educational altera board.

Please any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, my main ask is about servers and motors tho as i will need to get them ordered soon. However any other advice would be greatly appreciated and is more than welcome.

regards
Benjamin
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.