IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Providing constant load using a drive against a linearly moving actuator
Topic Summary:
Created On: 17 March 2012 09:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 17 March 2012 09:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

KhurramWaris

Hello,

I am developing an application where a bosch drive and servo motor
screw in and out a connecting rod. This connecting rod has to be supplied with a constant compressive load of 1490 acting against its motion when it screws out and the constant tensile load of 1490 LBF when motor moves in opposite direction causing the connecting road to screw back in.

This load has to be supplied by another bosch indradrive driving a linear exlar motor.

The connecting rod during the period of its motion may be required to accelerate, decelerate and stop. In all conditions, the application requires the constant load supplied by the Linear exlar motor.
Does this constant load requirement requires only setting the parameters in indradrives? If so, what are these?

Many thanks in advance
 19 March 2012 12:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

oneye

It's not clear what you are attempting to do, but my understanding from your brief description is that you are driving a rod with one 'intelligent' motor and resisting motion with another.

I'm not familiar with either drive (electric actuator) but have used Emerson precision motors in the past. It would not function as a variable load. Have you checked the drives you have detailed will act as a varaible torque load ?
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.