Increase font size
Topic Title: Micrologix comms problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09 March 2012 11:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09 March 2012 11:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

robwmc

I don't have any experience of PLC's but have been given a Micrologix 1200 to play with, I have a usb to serial adapter and a AB 1761-CBL-AP00 SER. C cable but can't get any comm's with RSlinx classic. Have I got the right cable? AB do a all-in-one job, usb-1761-cbl-pm02, would this be a better choice? Don't want to spend more money than I have to.
Thanks in advance for all replies
 13 March 2012 01:18 PM

adamtaylor

From past experience, I would always buy the relevant lead that the supplier recommends...Even though I am betting your problem is with your USB to serial adaptor, I have had many problems with these components and it is usually to do with the impedance of the device. I normally use one called 'Brain box', the hardest part about using PLCs is always communications so keep at it!

-------------------------
Fail to prepare...Prepare to fail!

Adam
 13 March 2012 03:48 PM

sbrown2

Try the rockwell website. This will have all of the information you require to let you know which cable you actually require. If you are using a USB to serial adaptor ensure your comms port number is correct in windows devices and RS linx. I cannot remember what configuration setting is used in RS llinx for the micrologix unit. Im sure someboody else can help with that.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.