Increase font size
Topic Title: cheap PLC
Topic Summary: hands on eperience
Created On: 14 December 2011 06:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 14 December 2011 06:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

riaz14

Hi everyone,can anyone let me know where i can buy cheap plc pricing upto £70 or less ,may be used/refurbished including programming software(trial) and hardware to work at home to have hands on experience before i apply any job,thanks in davance.(any vendor which one is cheaper siemens,omeron,allanbradly ,ABB .or etc)
 14 December 2011 06:49 PM

Avatar for dougflorence                                      .
dougflorence

Try Ebay. I suspect that your problem will be the programming software more than the PLC itself. I don't know if there are any software simulations about that combine programming software with a simulation of what the programme you have written does. I presume you don't intend to hook the PLC up to anything, just watch the lights flash.
It is worth learning a bit about HMIs as well. If you can get a PLC, HMI and software you will be in a good position.
 14 December 2011 07:06 PM

riaz14

thanks
but i have no idea which plc/hmi and programming software and hardware/cables and analog/digital modules i should buy to start with .I know ladder logic and little winccflexible2008,i just want to bring plc on line and check my hmi device working and communicating with it and my two of analog devices may be motor,bulb and one digital device laptop/digital camera are switched on by th instructions of ladder logic
 11 January 2012 09:48 PM

riaz14

thanks iaincummines,Would you plz give me favour by dropping an email regarding any link for cheap plcto on ebay,i am actually worried in case I pick the wrog one or I got the stuff that need extra software to buy on top of PLC as well.I have tight budget and I dont want to take risk without guidance.
regards(riz98@ymail.com)
please if you have to write link here make sure they dont delete/remove it
 20 March 2012 08:16 PM

jpichaimuthu

hi riaz,

I am a electical design engineer working on a PLC project.

If your system need more than 10 relays then it is worth going to PLC if not PIC is the cheap and good option and easy to program as well.

The software is expensive for PLC's.

I am working on Mitsubishi PLC , the software name is GX developer, very simple to use and easy to learn.
The sotware cost around £800 , but you can apply for a trial software for free from Mitsubishi electrical's website for you to try and buy later if you want it.
But there is a new software released by Mitsubishi call GX works which costs £300 pound till April and it raises to nearly £1000. if you are planning to work on PLC more and more then its worth buying it, you can download it from net from some website as well.

Kind regards
Jag
 20 March 2012 09:06 PM

adamtaylor

Its all good recommending PLCs like Mitsubishi and using software like GX developer but that kind of PLC and software costs a lot of money.

If all your wanting to spend is £70, maybe a basic easy PLC would be good starting place. You can get software for it, but there is normally a screen on front of the PLC where you can program from if you haven't got/can't afford the software.

I highly recommend this device as this is where I started learning about PLCs;

-------------------------
Fail to prepare...Prepare to fail!

Adam
 21 March 2012 07:50 PM

jpichaimuthu

Hi adam ,

I read your post regarding the cheap PLC with a screen in the front of the PLC, its quite interesting and really keen to know more about this PLC.
Can you please give me further details of the type, name , model or any link where i can read about it.

kind regards
Jag
 21 March 2012 09:00 PM

acs4972

Hi Jag,
I might be worthwhile contacting your local Siemens supplier. I know they do a starter package which includes the s7-1200 and the TIA portal software & licence. You can upgrade with an HMI as well. The cost would be a few hundred more than you have indicated you would pay but Siemens is certainly a major player in the PLC and HMI world and the software supplied albeit the basic version is excellent and ideal for learning on.

Good Luck

Alex
 10 April 2012 10:15 AM

adamtaylor

Hi jag,

I have just purchased an easy PLC from RS components on the Internet.

The one I have just ordered for my project is the easy plc 819, this can easily be found by searching this description in the search bar on the RS website. If this doesn't fit your specification, then just search for easy PLC. This will provide many different easy PLCs with all sorts of specifications.

If you do purchase an easy PLC, manuals and data sheets can be easily be found on the Internet.

Hope this helps

-------------------------
Fail to prepare...Prepare to fail!

Adam
 08 May 2012 03:08 AM

ivanl123

Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.