Increase font size
Topic Title: Inverter fault reset by operator button
Topic Summary:
Created On: 16 November 2010 01:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 16 November 2010 01:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

badflaw

Hello I am a Maintenance Technician working on a new piece of packaging /conveyingquipment.

The system controls a multitude of belts from a PLC . There is a HMI on the system.

One of the belts stopped with no errors on the HMI. The belt started again when we pressed a start button. Then stoppe donce more
After looking in the electrical panel we found a overcurrent was coming on the inverter a few seconds after every start.

What concerns me is that an unskilled person can unknowingly repeatedly start the belt after an electrco/mechanical fault. For me this has safety concerns and it also allows mechanical damage to occur.
Also the fact that no visable alarm is displayed warning operators and all the other associated belts keep running ,causing jamming up of products.

I want to challenge the machine manufacturers to change the mod eof operation at their cost, but I wanted to get my facts right first. Do you know if there are any best practices/ regulations which would help the cause?

Thankyou in advance
 16 November 2010 05:04 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

alancapon

For information, this post has also been placed in the "wiring and the regulations" forum.

Regards,

Alan.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.