IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I need your help!
Topic Summary: 3rd Year Computer Networking student looking for equipment to rent
Created On: 08 February 2014 03:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08 February 2014 03:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

TimothyCarrington

Hello all, I have recently joined the IET as a student member and I am wondering whether anyone can help me.

For my 3rd year thesis I am attempting to compare Meru Network's single-channel virtual cell wireless LAN architecture with the standard micro-cell architecture using channels 1,6 and11.

I was expecting to be able to use the University's existing WLAN infrastructure in my testing but this is not possible.

Therefore, I wish to hire/borrow some enterprise level wireless access points in order to complete my comparison experiments.

I expect these access points will be from a previous infrastructure that a company has replaced, not current in-use items.

With that in mind, I have a range of possibilities from my most favoured down:

5 access points with controller (not Meru), B/G/N 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, gigabit ethernet port

5 controllerless access points, B/G/N 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, gigabit ethernet port

5 controllerless access points, B/G 2.4Ghz

2,3 or 4 controllerless access points, B/G 2.4Ghz

other configurations could suit, so please reply if you have something to offer.

I will be able to travel to pickup and drop off the equipment.

I can also offer in addition to/in place of a rental payment:

Up to 5 Meru 320/320i access points. I do have a MC500 controller for these but it isn't 100% stable and therefore is only really suitable for short term testing. The Meru access points always need a Meru controller in order to work, though no extra licensing is needed for up to 5 access points.

Thank you all for your consideration in this matter.

Tim
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.