Increase font size
Topic Title: Odd wireless phone problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03 June 2012 01:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 June 2012 01:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

MPVaughan

Hi all,

Why would a wireless landline phone give perfect sound quality when stood outside the house, but awfull sound quallity ( crackling / interference ) when inside stood next to its docking station or anywhere else inside the house for that matter???

Its driving me and the client mad as there seems to be no reasonable explaination.

Thanks,
MP
 04 June 2012 04:56 PM

zerocred

What type of phone/frequency band? DECT, CT2, WiFi, some analog thing?

Which end gets the interference? the handset or the person on the other end of the line? or both?

Everyone always forgets about the uplink.
 05 June 2012 02:18 AM

MPVaughan

Thanks for the reply.

Within the house both caller and reciever hear the noise on the line.

Outside the house both caller and reciever get a normal quality line.

The poor line is isolated to indoor use, the phone is a common wireless telephone with docking station.

The previous owners of the house also reported the same problem so more than 1 type of phone has been tested.
 05 June 2012 09:53 AM

IanDarney

There could be a source of interference inside the house. Perhaps a bad joint in the mains wiring. Try switching the mains power off at the switchboard and checking if the crackling continues.

Ian Darney
 05 June 2012 01:35 PM

MPVaughan

Yeah good idea, ill try that.

Anyone else got any bright ideas??

I rewired the phone line so it literally goes from the master to 1 x secondary point - a run of about 4 meters. All to no avail though!
 05 June 2012 02:12 PM

zerocred

What type of phone?
If it is an old analog (with telescopic antenna), they have different transmit and receive frequencies - interference on one (the base TX/handset RX) could explain it.

DECT/CT2/WiFi transmit and receive on the same frequency - then it is a curious problem.
Does it have an intercom feature? Try that with, and without, the phone line connected.

Potential sources of RF interference - plug in power supplies, TV amplifiers and their power supplies, Active indoor TV antennas, does the TV coax run near the phone base? Power over ethernet, If WiFi, wireless access points obviously.

90% of all problems are power supply, the rest are connectors.
 07 June 2012 11:23 AM

haguetim

Homeplug type PLT?, interferes with everything.
 26 July 2012 10:44 AM

cblackha

Just to check - the problem only occurs when the handset is in the house?

If that is the case then it sounds like the handset is picking up the interence rather than the basestation.

It would be useful to know whether the the phone is analogue or digital - though I'm suspecting its analogue.

Older am/fm modulating phones could well be being affected by just about every device in the house with a SMPS that is injecting noise into the mains wiring in the house.

The other problem with mains wiring is that the interference source can be your neighbour 3 doors down the road who is sharing the same supply phase as you are.

Charlie
 26 January 2013 11:13 AM

origamiwarrior

i searching topics about this.,.,.,i will try this several suggestion u posted.,.
 25 February 2013 04:35 PM

belngo

Hi there
perhaps you have already found a solution, but I would check also interferences due to lighting circuits in the same environment. It is a deduction I made in another circumstance considering some data against the backdrop of standard / compliance issues so take it as a pretty much empirical suggestion - as I am not a technical person at all.
Regards
Brunella Longo
Information Management Adviser
Link removed
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.