IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: No GSM/DCS at higher floor.
Topic Summary: operators not helpful
Created On: 02 June 2012 02:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02 June 2012 02:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

megaprocessor

Recently a real estate guy got in touch with me.They are building a 55 storied building.They have no signal at all from 19th to 55th floor.
He contacted to all the mobile operators for the same but since that building is the only super tall building in that area they are not ready to help.

So this guy wants me to do something for it.

Now i do repeaters for basements and resturants..but in-building ,i have enevr done before.

I havent visited the site yet but from what i see i need to pickup the signal from 18th floor boost it and feed it everywhere..that sounds lot of cabling..which means losses to..and also i dont wish to distort the cell.

Anyone here who can throw some light?
 04 June 2012 05:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

zerocred

Where are you?

Technical issues aside. I imagine in the UK and many other places you would have a legal problem installing a repeater for a band you don't 'own' or have a licence or permission for. Why they bother with detail like that is in case someone puts up a repeater that interferes with those services they are trying to repeat or other out of band services they are not repeating. All the operators see is a big interference problem going for potentially hundreds of miles. Its one thing if a repeater is on ground floor feeding a basement - quite another if it is on the 20th floor... when there are no otehr tall buildings around it.

Yes I know about repeaters, coverage in tall buildings and other hard to get to places and what happens when things go wrong - hundreds of miles away.

Everyone always forgets about the uplink.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.