Increase font size
Topic Title: Running several companies from one phone
Topic Summary:
Created On: 21 December 2011 10:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 21 December 2011 10:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Avatar for dougflorence                                      .
dougflorence

I receive calls for several different companies with different phone numbers into one mobile phone. Sometimes I do not know which company the caller wishes to contact. It is a bit unprofessional to ask them which company they are after. Does anyone know a solution to find out which company the caller initially rang?

I could do it with a human virtual receptionist who could tell me which company the caller was after but that is expensive.

Caller ID displays the original caller number. Is there any way to add details of a forwarding number to the original caller ID?
 27 December 2011 03:34 PM

AlanKay

Have a look at Flextel dot com.
They offer free numbers which can be diverted anyway you wish. You can choose to have the caller's CLI forwarded to you, or else the dialled number. The latter case would allow you to see which company was called before answering.
No connection with Flextel other than a satisfied user.

-------------------------
Alan Kay, CEng MIEE
 27 December 2011 05:01 PM

Avatar for dougflorence                                      .
dougflorence

I think I have just answered my own question. On non geographic numbers, many companies now offer a facility called "Call Whisper" which gives a quick message saying which number was originally called before the diverted call arrives. Original CLI is preserved. I think that is the answer to my problem. I thought there had to be something like that available.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.