Increase font size
Topic Title: Telephone Problem - Earpiece Noise Amplified from Environment
Topic Summary: Telephone noise in earpiece
Created On: 26 September 2011 03:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 26 September 2011 03:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dgreen24

I have a hair salon and we are struggling to hear clients when the hairdryers are on. We have been in operation for 3 years without a problem and the only change point I can establish is when we introduced broadband onto our package.
I have followed the BT fault finding advice and have concluded that the handset is amplifying the background salon noise (hairdryers) back into the earpiece and thus drowning out the incoming call. I have tried several different phones to rule out a phone fault.
I am told that it may be due to the broadband now using one of the wires where as before it was using 2 wires for voice calls only. If I call in BT Engineers they just check the line for faults which they don't find.
Does anyone have any ideas for a solution? This is critical to our business and I don't want to remove the broadband and then find out it is no better.
Any help greatly appreciated.
 26 September 2011 06:58 PM

normcall

You do have a filter on the telephone?
You only need to use 2 and 4 for a modern telephone. Broadband uses the same wires but uses frequencies above about 4kHz, hence the filter for anything below this or the voice and above for data (broadband),
try changing the filter (unless you have one of the new sockets with a filter already in, then the socket might need replacing.

-------------------------
Norman
 27 September 2011 01:00 PM

dgreen24

I do have the new faceplate type with the integrated filter. Is there anyway of testing it before getting BT to come out?
 27 September 2011 01:07 PM

ectophile

The next thing to do is to unscrew the faceplate from its back box. If you have telephone extensions, do it carefully because the extensions should be connected to the faceplate.

Try plugging the phone into the test socket in the back box. If this fixes the problem, then the BT line itself is fine.

-------------------------
S P Barker BSc PhD MIET
 20 October 2012 11:27 PM

bapraku

Hi
I am looking for a software to remote test fixed copper lines
 26 January 2013 11:08 AM

origamiwarrior

i have same problem with u.,.did u find any solution??
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.