IET
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Looking for a source of RF LC Oscillator designs!
Topic Summary: For schools demonstration project
Created On: 01 December 2010 01:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01 December 2010 01:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

amillar

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good book or other source of RF (100kHz - 1MHz) LC oscillator designs? I'm looking for something fairly complete (i.e. with typical component values and transistor types) as I don't have a huge amount of time (or money!)to spend on this. It's to form part of some demonstration equipment for talks to schools etc in connection with voluntary work as a STEM Ambassador.

Probably looking at something like one-transistor oscillators, the key point is that they must be tuneable using a single capacitor.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Andy

-------------------------
Andy Millar CEng MIET CMgr MCMI

http://www.linkedin.com/in/millarandy

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress." Joseph Joubert

Edited: 01 December 2010 at 01:59 PM by amillar
 02 December 2010 09:57 AM

amillar

Originally posted by: g3xoi
Try the RSGB [Radio Soc of GB].

Doh! I should have thought of that! I'll have a look.

...or the "Technical Topics" book by Pat Hawker.

Actually, thinking about that I may have a copy somewhere in my loft - I took the RAE many years ago but never did anything with it.

You might also try to make contact with your local Radio Club as one or more members will, I am sure, be happy to help. Theyb may also lend you suitable books from which you could copy designs.

I've been meaning to make contact with them for some time for many reasons, I know a couple of members quite well (I'll be playing guitar with one of them tonight!) but both are operators rather than into nitty-gritty electronics people. Other than that it is the usual question of finding spare time!

From what you say, I would say that a design for a Local Oscillator in a superhet receiver might be a good bet.

Exactly my thoughts. I have been looking around to see if anyone makes cheap superhet kit-built radios that I could modify, but couldn't find any. Then decided it was about time I stopped being scared of building RF circuits and had a go myself...

If you want to talk it over, open up yourself to Private Messages and I will, there, give you my telephone number and you can call me.

Many thanks. If I don't get anywhere with the above I'll take you up on that.

"The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress." Joseph Joubert

Edited: 02 December 2010 at 10:21 AM by amillar
 02 December 2010 12:42 PM

amillar

You're welcome to send some down here (Devon/Cornwall border)! We've heard traveller's tales about this white stuff that falls from the sky but it would be nice to see some for real :-)

Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.