Increase font size
Topic Title: Comms in the Oil and Gas Industry
Topic Summary: Oil and Gas Industry
Created On: 03 July 2010 01:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03 July 2010 01:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

bigbri

Can anyone help?,

I am due to leave the Royal Navy Submarine Service as an Electronics Engineer. I have a BSc in Engineering, Cisco CCNA, 17th Edition wiring regs, and a Graduatship In Leadership and Management (and 22years in Engineering).

Does anybody out there work in the Oil and Gas industry who knows what opportunities lie out there for a chap like me, with the above experience/quals.

All I keep hearing is doom and gloom in the industry and how difficult it can be to get in.

Surely a chap, like me, used to working in harsh environments could get a foot in the door. I understand there are all sorts of Technician type jobs out there, but find it difficult to get anyone to part with this information, oil related.

Even considered ROV pilot/Technician, but that has even more Doom and Gloom attached to it !!!!

Any help would be greately appreciated,

Thanks, and regards,

Brian
 29 July 2010 12:55 PM

heatonr

Brian,
- I don't know if this will help but you might consider Amerada Hess. I believe they use radio comms extensively
- As you probably know most of the industry operates from Aberdeen, so searching around that locality might make sense.

(http://guide.agiweb.org/employ...nyID=1144&Category=PI

http://www.independent.co.uk/n...ada-hess-623770.html)

Regards & good luck
Rob H.
 25 August 2010 04:36 PM

StuartFawcett

Cisco CCNA should be a good start in the UK, i know we are interested in these skills.

-------------------------
StuartFawcett
 08 September 2010 08:36 PM

dankss

I know the company I work for supplied communication links to an Aberdeen firm called Data Marine Services who process offshore survey data. Not sure if they have vacancies at the moment, but you could ask.

Regards,
EurIng Stewart Danks

-------------------------
dankss
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.