Increase font size
Topic Title: Safe zone question
Topic Summary:
Created On: 16 August 2014 10:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 16 August 2014 10:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

coloumb

Guys - In the pic (sorry it's pretty bad) a surface mounted cable is shown going through a wall and popping out the other side. The cable goes through the wall at 90 degrees to the surface and the wall is greater than 100mm thick. The cable is outside any safe zones and no accessories are involved. Once the cable is at a depth of 50mm no further protection is required BUT the cable will be at a depth of less than 50mm either side before it reaches the centre(ish) of the wall.

Link removed/us..._zpsbc17c84a.jpg.html

My question is does this breach reg 522.6.6 given that the cable is outside any safe zones and no accessories are involved? My thoughts are that only someone very stupid would attempt to drill around, near or into the hole the cable goes through as the cable can clearly be seen entering it as it's surface mounted but technically it's concealed. Unless it's covered with conduit maybe. But even so.
 16 August 2014 10:18 PM

coloumb

Mm. Pictures not allowed then.
 16 August 2014 10:23 PM

hifly

Originally posted by: coloumb

Guys - In the pic (sorry it's pretty bad) a surface mounted cable is shown going through a wall and popping out the other side. The cable goes through the wall at 90 degrees to the surface and the wall is greater than 100mm thick. The cable is outside any safe zones and no accessories are involved. Once the cable is at a depth of 50mm no further protection is required BUT the cable will be at a depth of less than 50mm either side before it reaches the centre(ish) of the wall.

"><br ">http://...../us...4a.jpg.html

My question is does this breach reg 522.6.6 given that the cable is outside any safe zones and no accessories are involved? My thoughts are that only someone very stupid would attempt to drill around, near or into the hole the cable goes through as the cable can clearly be seen entering it as it's surface mounted but technically it's concealed. Unless it's covered with conduit maybe. But even so.

you don't have enough posts to post links, and it seems the link you posted does not work.

no pictures displayed, only links to hosting sites

-------------------------
Vince

Prove Dead Stay Alive

16 August 2014 10:30 PM

coloumb

I tried an img tag, but no luck

h t t p : / / i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/eels2007/gen%20pics/scan0001_zpsbc17c84a.jpg~original

[IMG][/IMG]
 16 August 2014 10:31 PM

typiod

16 August 2014 10:33 PM

coloumb

Yes that's it, thanks
 16 August 2014 10:36 PM

geoffsd

From what you describe -

A cable going straight through a wall whilst being otherwise visible would not be classed as 'concealed'.
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.