Increase font size
Topic Title: Problems logging on to IET Forums
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12 August 2014 05:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12 August 2014 05:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jcm256

Whenever put in IET Forums get the message below (and the rotating ring for two minuets)

Page not found
The page you requested was not found

This may be because:
? the page you are seeking has been moved, updated or deleted;
? you have mistyped the address (URL) of the page;
? there is an error on our site.

To find the site have to go into that site that is seldom used the Community Forums
Then select Wiring Forums below the rest located at the right hand side.

Anybody else having problems same for two days now.

Thanks
jcm
 12 August 2014 05:09 PM

AJJewsbury

I've had no problems. My bookmark is just to http://www.theiet.org/Forums/f...m?catid=205&entercat=y What initial URL are you using?
- Andy.
 12 August 2014 05:48 PM

jcm256

http://www.theiet.org/forums/

Had to use your web site to log in. and reply.

Went through the community forum to reply but would not let me. Kept saying login. although I was shown logged in. Think it means you have also to register login with the community forum . This roundabout, like driving past a row of empty shops the closed down IET forums.

Andy thanks for your help am going to clean up my computer as it has got very slow for everything.
Thanks
jcm
 12 August 2014 05:53 PM

jcm256

Copied your web site and put it in goggle bar. It worked
Thanks. i will now save it for further use
jcm
 12 August 2014 09:18 PM

Zs

I have the same going on here jcm. I keep my computer clean and have a little man who comes to check it every 8 weeks. He does the back ups and actions any issue I have. I keep him a list.

this site is constantly logging me out and I'm frequently unable to use pm. It just took me seven goes to open one.

If you click on the view button (the binoculars) on a pm do you get a yellow exclamation mark? I'll send you one right now to test.

Anyway, very annoying and this is probably something to do with some settings but I've not changed anything and my main computer is well maintained. So, I think it may be a touch wider spread than just you and I.

Zs
 12 August 2014 10:47 PM

AJJewsbury

Sounds like it's related to the 'big move' of all the other forums to somewhere else. I get the same Page Not Found when I try jcm's 'front door' link. I guess my direct-to-the-wiring-regs-forum bookmark has been inadvertently by-passing all the troublesome bits.
- Andy.
 13 August 2014 05:12 PM

ennel

Originally posted by: AJJewsbury
I've had no problems. My bookmark is just to http://www.theiet.org/Forums/f...m?catid=205&entercat=y What initial URL are you using? - Andy.

I use exactly the same bookmark as Andy to get into this forum with no problems.

After the frustrations of trying to get into the other 'improved' forums, I created a bookmark of http://mycommunity.theiet.org/discussions/categories which gets me straight to them rather than seeming to go round in circles.

Whilst it would be nice if they were split into 'technical' and 'other', rather than being lumped together and listed alphabetically, in most cases it is possible to scan down the RH column to see 'what's new' (if anything).

ennel
 13 August 2014 05:48 PM

jcm256

Thanks for the message Zs.

Think found out what's wrong, this site on the main IET page does not open. Says "Page not found"

IET Forums - The Institution of Engineering and Technology
www.theiet.org/forums/

Name, RSS, Topics, Last Post. Technical discussion forums. Engineering discussions covering any area of technology, mostly for those working in the field - for ..

This site works

IET Forums
Name, RSS, Topics, Last Post. Technical discussion forums ... Latest Topics
The IET for you dropdown ... ebook cube - IET book covers ...

Yes pity they moved the other forums, they were valuable as a repository of information, now not many use them
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.