Increase font size
Topic Title: Multiple generators
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10 August 2014 04:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10 August 2014 04:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

lyledunn

I am involved in a large outdoor event that will employ around 17 various sized generators. The site is a field and there is only two buildings served by a TT system from one DNO transformer. We installed a buried earth cable that provides a connection point for all sources. This earth ring is also connected to the buildings MET. I am happy that with the shock protection but I am also keen to ensure that sound systems are not in any way affected by any aspect of the installation. Generally the installation complies with 7909 but I would appreciate any advice from anyone with experience in signal corruption.

-------------------------
Regards,

Lyle Dunn
 11 August 2014 05:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

davezawadi

Hi Lyle

You shouldn't have any particular problems as long as each system runs from only one power source. Circulating earth currents can cause trouble (and sound systems have only one earth connection to prevent them in many cases) but it is best to try and stay away from multiple power sources. Otherwise you shouldn't have any problems, your sound people should be used to this! If you need anything, give me a shout.

-------------------------
David
CEng etc, don't ask, its a result not a question!
Statistics

See Also:

FuseTalk Standard Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.